OPIP Quality Improvement Tools & Strategies
Note: Do not cite or reproduce content without appropriate citation. Prior written permission may be required to access some materials. Please contact OPIP if you would like to view such documents.
Click the headings below to skip to the appropriate sections on this page:
- Resources for Quality Improvement Infrastructure
- Identification of Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- Resources for Care Coordination
- Resources for Shared Care Plans
- Resources for Adolescent Care
- Resources for Following-Up to Developmental Screening
- Resources for Patient Engagement
- Complex Care Management Resources
RESOURCES FOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT INFRASTRUCTURE:
- QI 101 Refresher Presentation
- Practice PDSA Worksheet
- Aim Statement Worksheet
- IHI Improvement Project Planning Form
- Parents as Partners in QI PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Building a QI Strategy and Team:
- Safety Net Medical Home Initiative Executive Summary – QI Strategy
- Safety Net Medical Home Initiative – QI Strategy Implementation Guide
- Safety Net Medical Home Initiative – QI Strategy Template
IDENTIFICATION OF CHILDREN & YOUTH WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS:
RESOURCES FOR CARE COORDINATION:
Care Coordinator Job Descriptions:
Pre-Visit Call Tools:
RESOURCES FOR SHARED CARE PLANS:
- Shared Care Plans Brief
- Shared Care Plans Compendium
- Shared Care Plans – ECHO PowerPoint Presentation Slides
RESOURCES FOR ADOLESCENT CARE:
- Adolescent Questionnaire – The Children’s Clinic
- Adolescent PARENT Questionnaire – The Children’s Clinic
- Confidentiality Rights for Teens POSTER – Adolescent Health Initiative. Click here for editable version in Microsoft WORD.
- Letter to Parents / Patients Regarding Adolescent Services – New York AAP Chapter. Click here for editable version in Microsoft WORD.
- Child / Early Adolescent Health Assessment – Multnomah County Health Department
- Adolescent Health Assessment – Multnomah County Health Department
- Confidentiality – Teen Handout. Click here for editable version in Microsoft WORD.
- Confidentiality – Parent or Caregiver Handout. Click here for editable version in Microsoft WORD.
Adolescents Well-Care Visit Claims:
- Using Claims Data to Measure Adolescent Screening: Issues to Consider
- The Value of the Adolescent Well-Care Visit
- Policy and Practice-Level Strategies to Improve Adolescent Well-Care Visit Rates
RESOURCES FOR FOLLOWING-UP TO DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING:
- 36-hour Phone Follow-Up Script: For staff to use with families who are referred to services to answer questions and address barriers
- Draft of pilot communication methods with EI including communication when EI is unable to evaluate the child, results of the evaluation, and summary of services being received to inform secondary referral and follow-up.
RESOURCES FOR PATIENT ENGAGEMENT:
- Center for Patient Partnerships (CPP) Webpage
- Center for Patient Partnerships (CPP) – 5 Categories of Patient Engagement